Many people now choose to order flowers online, which has its clear benefits. It’s quick, simple and means that you don’t have to take the time out to visit a florist in person. However, it can have its limitations and you should always be cautious. Here are some tips to follow if you decide that you want to order flowers online:
- Check reviews of the florist. Do they have a good customer service record? Do they charge reasonable prices? Have people been happy with the flowers they have received?
- Find out as much about the florist as you can. If you are able to, look at photos of their work. This should be quite simple if they have produced wedding bouquets – there will often be photographs on people’s blogs that are easily searchable.
- Look at the florists’ website. Look out for photographs of work they have done, as this shows that they are willing to go to lots of effort and are proud of what they do. If they have just used stock photographs, you won’t be able to get any real idea of their abilities.
- Be completely clear about what you want. If you love roses but hate peonies, make sure they know this. Tell them about your favourite flowers and colours, and if you can, perhaps even show them some photographs of bouquets and flower arrangements that you like.
- Tell the florist what the flowers are for. They will be able to choose flowers that are appropriate for the situation. For example, tulips and roses are often associated with love, whereas lilies are often used for funeral services.
Follow these tips to make sure you get beautiful flowers from online florists. You will be the recipient of a beautiful bouquet in no time at all.
Many people want to learn how to arrange flowers. It’s a popular hobby to take up, and it’s easy to see why – you will gain a great sense of satisfaction from creating something so beautiful. Flower arranging is even a part of many prestigious events, such as the Royal Horticultural Society shows:
If flower arranging is something that you would like to try your hand at, read on. We have put together some tips, covering the basics so that you can hit the ground running with your new hobby.
- This may sound obvious, but ensure that you have plenty of different vases to display your flowers in. It would be such a shame to create a beautiful bunch of flowers only to have nowhere to display them. Before you begin learning to arrange flowers, invest in a selection of vases, including vases of different colours as well as varying shapes and sizes.
- Work with what is seasonal. Don’t go out of your way to source flowers that aren’t widely available at a particular time of year. Even if you do manage to find any, they probably won’t be of as high a quality.
- Look at as many flower arrangements as you can. This is a rather pleasant part of the learning process – you get to peruse lots of lovely flowers and can enjoy displaying them in your home.
- Attend a class. This is perhaps the best way for you to learn, as you’ll be able to observe the experts and get your information directly from them. You will learn lots of new techniques and will be able to get feedback directly on your designs.
A dear friend asked to put together some ideas for her wedding next September. The theme will have white and pink flowers and decorations as she loves anything that is pink! (like most of us!)